foundation of the center
The Center has been established as an institute for criminological researches by virtue of Law No. 632/1955 deeming it as a public entity with an independent legal personality.
Then it has been reorganized and named "The National Center for Social and Criminological Research", by virtue of Presidential Decree No. 221/1959. Its legal personality has been affirmed by Republican Decree No. 202/1969.
To acheive this goal, the Center:
-Carries out research programs and studies on a national basis.
- Organized training programs, both on national and regional basis.
- Organizes scientific conferences and symposia.
- Gives scientific advice on law proposals related to social and criminological issues.
- Provides scholarships for researchers.
- Publishes scientific research reports and exchanges them with similar scientific institutions.